The following steps must be completed prior to becoming a Tehama County Volunteer Firefighter:
- Complete volunteer application. Return to the Volunteer Chief or to Tehama County Fire, 604 Antelope Blvd., Red Bluff, CA 96080.
- The Volunteer Chief/Volunteer Company in your area will review your application (Allow approximately 1-2 weeks).
- A driver’s license/DMV check will be initiated. (Allow approximately 1-2 weeks.)
- A Live Scan Fingerprinting with the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department will be scheduled. Additional forms will need to be completed prior to the appointment. A California Drivers License and Social Security Card will be needed to verify citizenship.
- Once the Live Scan is cleared you will be contacted by the Training Secretary to schedule your physical/RPP appointment with the County medical provider. If you are unable to make the appointment, you will need to reschedule with the medical provider and notify the training secretary at 528-5153.
- Once the physical is cleared you will be fit tested to wear a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- After the steps above have been completed, you and the Company Chief will be sent a letter stating you are “Training Active” and have been placed on the insurance roster.
- You are now eligible to sign up for the Ride-A-Long program. Contact your Company Volunteer Chief.
- Contact the training department at 530-528-5199 for the next available class schedule.
- Contact the unit FLO/Service Center at the above number to make an appointment to be fitted for your gear. Contact the Command Center for the pager.
Once you have successfully completed the Mandated Firefighter Training listed below, we will send you and your Chief a letter stating that you are an “Active” volunteer and therefore able to respond to calls. Note: If volunteers do not pass the Basic Operations class all gear must be turned in to the instructor prior to leaving class.
IMPORTANT: You must be in contact with the Volunteer Chief of the company you will be participating in. They will inform you of any further information you may need to complete the application process.